Protests about the medical marijuana raids
So, the DEA, in its continued war on drug users, raided several medical marijuana dispensaries this weekend. In typical fashion, while plants and computers and the like were taken, no related arrests were made (there were three non-related arrests).
This is intimidation, pure and simple. The DEA very rarely actually files charges in any of these raids, one assumes because they don't really want these cases going to trial.
There is no justification for this. While they claim that they bought marijuana without a perscription, they didn't actually arrest anyone. You don't hear about 13 bars being raided and their liquor confiscated because one might have sold a drink to a minor.
I'm a pretty strong believer in ending all prohibition, but I can see some rational arguments being made for keeping, say, meth illegal. I disagree with them, but they seem rational to me. I have yet to hear a single rational argument for why marijuana is illegal. Anyone?
This is intimidation, pure and simple. The DEA very rarely actually files charges in any of these raids, one assumes because they don't really want these cases going to trial.
There is no justification for this. While they claim that they bought marijuana without a perscription, they didn't actually arrest anyone. You don't hear about 13 bars being raided and their liquor confiscated because one might have sold a drink to a minor.
I'm a pretty strong believer in ending all prohibition, but I can see some rational arguments being made for keeping, say, meth illegal. I disagree with them, but they seem rational to me. I have yet to hear a single rational argument for why marijuana is illegal. Anyone?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home